Grindstone Award ~ Call for Nomination Information
For the past 50 years, the Berea Chamber of Commerce has presented the Grindstone Award to citizens of Berea who have made this a better community in which to live. Last year, the Berea Chamber of Commerce expanded the awards program to also acknowledge community members who have displayed exemplary examples of courtesy in their line of work through the Courtesy Award. The Grindstone and Courtesy Award winners will be honored at an awards banquet to take place in April.
The recipient of both the Grindstone and Courtesy Awards shall be decided by the Grindstone Award Selection Committee. That committee shall be comprised of the current and past Chairman of the Board, President, Vice President and Executive Director (non-voting member) of the Berea Chamber. The current Berea Chamber Chairman of the Board shall serve as Chair of the Selection Committee.
Nomination Criteria For the Grindstone Award
1. Individuals nominated for the Grindstone Award should be cited for activities outside those connected with his/her employment.
2. The award will recognize accomplishments or overall community service to the Berea area.
3. Such an award shall be determined primarily on services and benefits rendered to other people or for other objectives, over and beyond excellence in one's own profession, business service or enterprise, and extended over a period of two or more years.
4. The candidate must actively participate in several community-oriented projects that are beneficial to the community as a whole. The welfare of the community should be of primary importance to the candidate.
5. Emphasis should be given to accomplishments achieved within the last few years.
6. The most consideration should take into account what the individual has done to make our community a better place in which to live and for what he/she has done through outstanding achievements, service or support of the citizens.
7. Residency in the City of Berea need not be a part of the criteria, but should be given serious consideration.
8. The candidate must be living at the time of nomination and selection, and may not have been a previous recipient.
9. Nominations shall be made on a prepared nomination form, available through the Berea Chamber of Commerce.